The student news site of Bowling Green High School

The Daily Bobcat

Athlete of the Month; Isaac Elsasser

Trisha Stichler

Isaac Elsasser, sophomore Varsity Bobcat basketball player, not only works hard on the court, but also works hard within the classroom by showing leadership skills, positivity, and respect.

Elsasser was chosen to be The Daily Bobcat’s December Exemplary Athlete by varsity basketball coach, Erik Marschall. Marschall explained that Isaac is an important asset to the team, and that he “brings a strong work effort to practice every day.”

Isaac acts as a leader to his teammates, despite being one of the younger players. He does so by “setting a great example” and by pushing his teammates “to get better”, according to coach Marschall.

In addition to being a great teammate, he is also a great player who constantly works at getting better. As a shooting guard, Isaac’s main objective is to score points for the team. This season, he managed to make a career high of 27 points in one game. He has also gone 10 for 10 from the foul line, meaning that he can make 100% of the foul shots he takes.

Isaac is not only an exemplary athlete, but he also shows many exemplary qualities within the classroom. Art teacher Nikki Myers has noticed that he is very “polite and respectful” during the two years she’s had him in her beginning and intermediate art classes. She said that he is conscientious of what he needs to do in school to keep his grades up, and to continue to be a scholar athlete.

Myers also described Isaac to be “quiet, likeable, and smiley.” She noted that he is a very positive influence in her class, that he appears to be a very kind student, and that he works hard to meet her expectations for the class.

Through keeping his grades up and working hard at practice, Isaac Elsasser has earned the title of being an “Exemplary Student Athlete” for Bowling Green High School.